Anemia is the blood disorder characterized by reduction in
- Red blood cell (RBC) count
- Hemoglobin content
- Pack cell volume
Anemia occurs due to following conditions
- Decrease production of RBC
- Increase destruction of RBC
- Excess blood loss from body
SIGN & SYMPTOMS OF ANEMIA
You can find many person, having problem of tiredness, shortness of breath, vertigo, etc. & there are taking symptomatically treatment for long time but not getting relief.
Because, symptoms due to low hemoglobin can not be corrected without increasing HB level. Mostly, doctor doubt on anemia when patient having paleness in conjunctiva.
SKIN & MUCOUS MEMBRANE
- Colour of skin & mucous membrane becomes pale. You can see paleness at buccal mucosa, conjunctiva, lips, ear lobes, palm, nail bed.
- Skin becomes dry, thin & losses its elasticity.
- Hair becomes thin & haif fall easily. Premature greying of hair occur(early white hair)
- Nails become brittle and easily breakable.
Increase heart rate (tachycardia) & cardiac output
Heart is dilated & cardiac murmurs are produced. The velocity of blood flow is increase.
Due to low Hemoglobin. Patient’s oxygen carrying capacity is low.
It leads to breathlessness & difficulty in breathing
Patient having low HB level will be suffer from any digestion problem mention below
- Loss of appetite
- Nausea, vomiting
- Abdominal discomfort
In females, the menstrual cycle is disturbed. There may be menorrhagia, oligomenorrhea or amenorrhea. If repeatedly menstrual cycle problem with less or more menses, than anemia should be keep in mind.
- Increase sensitivity to cold
- Lack of concentration
- Drowsiness, dizziness or vertigo
- Weakness, lack of energy
- Basal metabolic rate increade in sever anaemia
- Kidney function is disturbed. Albumin in urine is common.
This way, we learn sign & symptoms of anemia. We must check anemia in each & every case having above complain. It is quite possible thay it may be due to other reason. But we must rule out low HB reason.
Hope you like the article. To read other medical topics in easy language than Click Here